Chicken Drumsticks with added Bone Broth!
These chicken drumsticks have passed the ‘hidden broth’ test! An easy to cook hearty meal full of the benefits of bone broth.
My family can smell broth cooking from the bottom of my driveway. This is the reason that I hide it in their meals and then tell them once their plates are clean!
To make broth with really intense flavours (usually the beef) blend in the vegetables, connective tissue and any meat residue. It will contribute to the flavour and make it go further!
If there is a need for a more subtle flavour chicken broth with no vegetables can be used. Used in milder or sweeter recipes.
I have become ‘THE’ master in hiding broth in everyday cooking.
Keep an eye out for a soon to be released recipe book full of ways to incorporate broth into your family diet.
Keep up to date:
These pics show the drumsticks the next day and as you can see once cooled the drumsticks are embedded in a broth gelly.
- Approx 8 -10 chicken drumsticks (depending on what you can fit in your roasting dish)
- ¼ C coconut aminos or tamari (wheat free soy sauce)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chicken or veg stock
- 1½ C bone broth (beef)
- Season with a mineral salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a hot oven.
- Place the drumsticks in the roasting tray. (I use a ceramic or pyrex one)
- In a bowl whisk in together wet ingredients. Add in crushed garlic
- (Thermomix: - Chop peeled garlic sp 7, 3 secs. Add in other ingredients mix sp 4, 10 secs)
- Pour over the chicken.
- Roll the chicken until completely coated.
- Cook covered for 30 mins then uncovered for another 10-15 mins.
- Whilst hot the drizzle the sauce on cooked rice or mashed potato.